Is your business UK based? Do you employ at least one person? Then, by law, you must set up a Workplace Pension Scheme.
Pension Auto-Enrolment – your obligations
You have a legal duty to enrol every eligible worker into your Workplace Pension Scheme. You have to pay into the scheme on their behalf and deduct contributions from their weekly or monthly pay and follow the rules governing the minimum contribution levels.
To qualify for Auto-Enrolment, your employee should be working in the UK under a contract of employment. They need to be at least 22 and below the State Pension age. They must also be earning more than £10,000 a year. Employees who don’t meet these criteria can still ask to be enrolled if they wish.
What are your Workplace Pension duties? You must
- Choose and provide a suitable scheme
- Enrol employees into it
- Make and manage contributions
- Register your scheme with The Pensions Regulator
- Keep full, accurate and up to date records
- Re-enrol ‘opt-outs’ as and when they arise
- Check that your current scheme meets the statutory requirements
We’ll use our experience and know-how to run the entire auto-enrolment scheme on your behalf, making sure that it satisfies all the regulations.